Well, turns out that I had almost completely missed three full posts of John Perry Suffers The Feature Box. So those have been added to the big master review list. As well as a whole bunch of random reviews from PresentPerfect. Fun trivia fact: Showing once again how Hell Of A Time broke the entire ponyfic review structure, at least 4 of the stories that I had missed were from posts by various reviewers that had Hell Of A Time in them. Apparently I just went in, linked that one story, then left. You fell down on the job, past-me.
Reviews covered today:
- Princess Rainbow Dash by Blueshift
- Daring Do’s Ghost(writer) by Razalon The Lizardman
- Misadventures in Manehattan by The Princess Rarity
Before we get to the reviews, once again I’ve added fancyness to the big master review list. See last posts for some details. I just want to send out a second call, these are the remaining stories that have no reviews. I added them to the list and then didn’t link any reviews. If you have reviewed any of the below, please let me know so I can get the links added properly. Heck, if you’ve seen them reviewed by someone, please let me know.
- A Hearth’s Warming Wassailing by Airstream
- The Maverick by Alexstrazsa
- Remember Me by Avox
- Long Distance by Bad Horse
- An Interview With Aurora by empress aurora
- Of Vows Unbroken and Truths Spoken by Esle Ynopemos
- Not Your Forte by Fire Gazer the Alchemist
- The Ghosts of Harmony by Forthwith
- Things Best Left Unknown by FoughtDragon01
- Stallions of Harmony – Longest Night by Jetto
- Order Chaos, Chaos Ordered! by NotARealPonydotcom
- Two Weeks by NotARealPonydotcom
- ‘After every storm, there’s a rainbow’ by Shikilicious
- The Trick to Rock Farming by Silent Strider
- The Flirt by Sir Hat
- Don’t You Remember by Yipyapper
On to horsewordwords. Words about words about horses, that is.
The first bit of this was comedy gold. I also laughed out loud several times while reading it, so the rest of it’s pretty good too. Highly recommended. Also, it has Rainbow Dash going blind, then wearing a top hat. Those two events are only semi-related.
Interesting concept. Doesn’t quite work as a complete story. Too short. I’d love to read a much longer version of this. Still, would recommend it as a good read.
Fun day-in-the-life story. Which has Coco in it. Which means this is the first fanfic I’ve read with her as a character. Which is kind of odd. Anyway, story has a little trouble with transistions between chapters, but I enjoyed reading it quite a bit. I did have one big complaint, and that’s how icky the subway was described. Now, I’m not familiar with the Manhatten public transportation, but I have been riding public buses as my main form of transportation for a good deal of my life and for the last year or two I’ve been using the Boston subway system quite a bit, and I’ve never run into a situation as bad as described here. I’ve got some trouble thinking that the pony world is going to be that much ickier than we are. Looking forward to the sequel, even if it won’t be finished for quite a while.