As usual, my fiddling around with the big master review list to try and sort the short story stuff out has revealed at least one mistake. Apparently I mis-linked a review for An Election in Ponyville by Esle Ynopemos. If you’ve reviewed this story, let me know so I can actually have it on the list properly
Now, more Big Master Review List stats/trivia. I’m trying something new with the list, sorta. The main page is still there and I’m almost done updating it. However the amount of empty whitespace there has been bugging me. Just haven’t really figured out a good way to deal with it that is both effective, doesn’t bother my obsessive-complusive brain, and is easy to maintain (for relative values of easy). Finally decided to try one of my ideas. Splitting it up into several different sheets. I’ve resisted this because, for one, I enjoy having it as one huge list for people to scroll through and use the find function to get through. However just taking the 1 and 2 review stories and giving them a separate list (in theory) help cut down on the empty space
One side-effect is that I now have another set of stats to toss out. The stats for the 1-review stories. How many reviews each reviewer has done for a story nobody else on the list has reviewed. Single reviews total out at 3436. That’s of 5367 total stories and 8645 total reviews. So single-review stories are two-thirds of the stories on the list and a little under half of the total reviews. Which has remained more or less a stable constant. Or at least the 2/3rds ratio.
Now for the numbers, when rough percentages of overlap for each reviewer. Format: Reviewer [single review stories / total reviews] (percentage of stories not covered by others.)
- My Reviews [477 / 1648] (29%)
- One Man’s Pony Ramblings ( 170 / 590 ) 29%
- PresentPerfect [937 / 2101] (45%)
- Titanium Dragon [133 / 360] (37%)
- Louder Yay [113 / 315] (36%)
- Pleasant Reviews! [240 / 299] (80%)
- JohnPerry [110 / 296] (37%)
- WRITE [206 / 268] (77%)
- Seattle’s Angels [87 / 227] (38%)
- Soge [32 / 245] (13%)
- Badfic Slaughterhouse [110 / 187] (59%)
- The Royal Guard [39 / 166] (23%)
- Rinnaul [140 / 163] (86%)
- Cerulean Voice [45 / 116] (38%)
- InquisitorM [0 / 110] (0%)
- Foals Errand [92 / 110] (83%)
- Everfree Spotlight [33 / 107] (31%)
- Pony Fiction Vault [14 / 103] (13%)
- Misc Under 100 [458 / 1234] (37%) Numbers in order, hee. Didn’t realize that the four columns of misc added up to the total of 1234. You know what, I gotta mess with this. Going to go read and review two of their stories just so the two numbers are 456/1234.
Once again, kind of fun to see how things match up. 30-40% seems to be the average. With seven sources in the 37-38% area.