Zoom. Got through a bunch of shorter ponyfics. So for the first time in a while I’ve actually got a backlog of reviews. Or at least I did when I typed this up. Then again, it’s not like I’ll be putting out more reviews before this goes out. Anyway, wanted to point people at this: Consensus Robs the Strange It’s a little piece from one of the blogs I follow. It gave me a bit to think about and I’ll take any chance I get to spread that guy’s blog around. He’s one of the more interesting people around.
- Never The Final Word by horizon
- The Day The Reading Died by DrakeyC
- A Moment’s Hesitation by FanOfMostEverything
Read the ones for stories I’ve read previously. Pretty much all of them were enjoyable in different ways. These are the ones I read.
- As If This Wasn’t Meta Enough (Skywriter’s “Hoardsmiths”)
- Sozmioi’s “Upon Reflection” (Cold in Gardez’s “The Glass Blower”)
- Duplex Fields’ “Badass Waterwheels” (Horse Voice’s “The Writing On The Wall”)
- PoweredByTea’s “All A Dream” (Skywriter’s “Martial Bliss”)
- Georg’s “Dear Beloved Granddaughter” (Bad Horse’s “Fluttershy’s Night Out”)
- GhostOfHeraclitus’ “Who We Are, The Princesses Would Destroy” (kits’ “Who We Are”)
- PoweredByTea’s “The Duel” (Skywriter’s “The First Time You See Her”)
- An Even Grater Love (Cloud Hop’s “Em Dash”)
- Shaggy Dog Story (Skywriter’s “Shipping Sickness”)
- GhostOfHeraclitus’ “Elementary, My Dear Twilight” (PoweredByTea’s “The Wrong Fork”)
- Kencolt’s “Another Point Of View” (GhostOfHeraclitus’ “Any Other Business?”)
- “Not It” (GaPJaxie’s “Screw It, I’m Bored”)
Hee. That was pretty funny. Twilight’s crazy rambling is just about perfect.
Applying logic to kids cartoon show. Always a good recipe for comedy. This was decent, but not great. I chuckled a few times but no real laugh out loud moments. Enjoyable but not memorable.