Watched the Maud Pie and Starlight Glimmer episode. It’s one of my favorites from the current season. What with how much I like Maud Pie and was one of the episodes that made me actually like Starlight Glimmer. Fun things I noticed. One, Rarity’s telekinesis was being channeled through her hard hat light. Cool little thing that’s easy to miss. The other, extrapolating how she thinks a certain common gem is rare leads me to believe that she doesn’t have any formal education about gems and uses her gem finding spell when she needs some. So her ideas about how common/rare certain gems are could easily be influenced by if they are resistant or easily found with her personal spell.
Anyway, time for compact reviews! I’ve been finding I have less and less interesting things to say about stories as I absorb more ponyfic. The getting jaded problem. Which means I put off writing my reactions and get a huge backlog. I want to go to Bronycon with a clear slate. So, going to be giving one-word comments!
- The 2016 Presidential Campaign Goes to Equestria by Admiral Biscuit
- Audio Therapy by Bookish Delight
- Why There Are So Many White Unicorns in Equestria by Captain_Hairball
- Zeno’s Paradox by VitalSpark
- The Paradox of the Ravens by VitalSpark
Scale: Yes, eh, meh, no.
- Yes: Good and/or liked it, would recommend.
- Sure: Didn’t grab me, but probably good.
- Meh: Bad and I liked it, or just kinda bland and shallow.
- No: Bad and I didn’t like it.
Audio Therapy by Bookish Delight : Sure.
Zeno’s Paradox by VitalSpark : Sure.
If you want a more nuanced opinion, go ahead and ask. Hopefully I’ll type up enough of these to cover the days I’ll be at the con doing actual things instead of copy/pasting ponyfic titles!